Coronavirus update: new applications for grants
We want to ensure that we do our very best to invest in artists and arts organisations at this difficult time. It’s clear that many people face a challenging and uncertain future with new difficulties presenting themselves daily. Our priority in the short-term has to be to find effective ways of responding to the most urgent needs and we’re working hard, in collaboration with our Welsh Government colleagues, to find practical solutions. For the next three months we will therefore not be accepting new applications to our funding programmes. We will keep the situation under review over the coming weeks and announce any changes to our approach in due course.
If you’re an organisation based in Wales or in the European Union you may be eligible to apply for a Small Grant of up to £10,000. If you’ve had a grant from us before you can apply for a Large Grant, between £10,001 and £50,000.
There are more details about the eligibility criteria and how to make an application in the Guidelines document below, so before you do anything we suggest you read these carefully. They may answer some of your questions and help you understand what type of projects we want to support.
In particular, please read the sections about the type of organisations who can apply to us, and the information we’ll ask for.
Your organisation must:
- Be based in Wales, another part of the UK or within the European Union
- Have a governance structure that meets our requirements (see the Governance section of the Guidelines)
- Have a bank account in your organisation’s name that has at least two people who can authorise transactions (see bank account section of the Guidelines)
- Have an Equal Opportunities Policy that’s been reviewed by your governing body within the last three years and complies with current legislation
- Not be in default of any financial agreement with the Arts Council of Wales
- Not have any overdue requirements on any other Arts Council of Wales funding