If you’re an organisation based in Wales or elsewhere in the European Union you may be eligible to apply for a Small Grant of up to £10,000. If you’ve had a grant from us before you can apply for a Large Grant, between £10,001 and £50,000.
There are more details about the eligibility criteria and how to make an application in the Guidelines document below, so before you do anything we suggest you read these carefully. They may answer some of your questions and help you understand what type of projects we want to support.
In particular, please read the sections about the type of organisations who can apply to us, and the information we’ll ask for.
We'll publish the dates of our next Large Grant deadlines here shortly. We’ll notify you of our decision within 9 working weeks of the deadlines.
Applications can be made at any time to the Small Grants programme. We’ll notify you of our decision within 6 working weeks of your submitting your application.
As we explained in our press release on 7 October 2019, there are some areas where we think more development is needed, so we’ll be working with the sector to refine our approach by April 2020.
Therefore, for now, it’s ‘business as usual’ for applications for Large Grants over £50,000 for National Touring. If you’re interested in submitting a proposal for this area of activity, please contact your Development Officer.
It’s also ‘business as usual’ for applications for Large Grants for Festivals.
The banding system is still in place for this period as per our previous guidelines so we would encourage you, unless circumstances have radically shifted, to stay within the band afforded to you within your last award. If you’re interested in submitting a proposal for this area of activity, please contact your Development Officer.
Once you’ve read the Guidelines and you’re sure you and your project are eligible please contact our Development Team and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Development Officers who will help you shape your idea. Details of how to contact them are in National Lottery Funding Guidelines.
If after reading the Guidelines you’re not sure whether you’re eligible, if you have a technical query about the application process, or need more general information about our different funding programmes, you can get in touch with our Grants & Information Team using the form below.
Your organisation must:
- Be based in Wales, another part of the UK or within the European Union
- Have a governance structure that meets our requirements (see the Governance section of the Guidelines)
- Have a bank account in your organisation’s name that has at least two people who can authorise transactions (see bank account section of the Guidelines)
- Have an Equal Opportunities Policy that’s been reviewed by your governing body within the last three years and complies with current legislation
- Not be in default of any financial agreement with the Arts Council of Wales
- Not have any overdue requirements on any other Arts Council of Wales funding