If you’re an individual based in Wales you may be eligible to apply for a Small Grant of up to £10,000.
If you’ve had a grant from us before you can apply for a Large Grant, between £10,001 and £50,000.
There are more details about the eligibility criteria and how to make an application in the Guidelines document below, so before you do anything we suggest you read these carefully. They may answer some of your questions and help you understand what type of projects we want to support.
We'll publish the dates of our next Large Grant deadlines here shortly. We’ll notify you of our decision within 9 working weeks of the deadlines.
Applications can be made to the Small Grants programme at any time. We’ll notify you of our decision within 6 working weeks of your submitting your application.
Once you’ve read the Guidelines and you’re sure you and your project are eligible please contact our Development Team and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Development Officers who will help you shape your idea. Details of how to contact them are in the National Lottery Funding Guidelines.
If after reading the Guidelines you’re not sure whether you’re eligible, if you have a technical query about the application process, or need more general information about our different funding programmes, you can get in touch with our Grants & Information Team using the form below.
To be eligible to apply as an individual (which includes sole traders and individuals trading as a business), you must:
- Be able to apply in the legal name of the individual making the application
- Have a bank account in your legal name (see bank account section of the Guidelines)
- Must be over 18 and live in Wales
- Must be pursuing an artistic career or be professionally employed in the arts in Wales. This does include freelance practitioners
- Must not be in full-time education at school, college or university
- Must be able to provide evidence of your track record of facilitating or creating artistic work for presentation to audiences.
- Not be in default of any financial agreement with the Arts Council of Wales
- Not have any overdue requirements on Arts Council of Wales grant funding awards