Coronavirus update: new applications for grants
We want to ensure that we do our very best to invest in artists and arts organisations at this difficult time. It’s clear that many people face a challenging and uncertain future with new difficulties presenting themselves daily. Our priority in the short-term has to be to find effective ways of responding to the most urgent needs and we’re working hard, in collaboration with our Welsh Government colleagues, to find practical solutions. For the next six months we will therefore not be accepting new applications to our funding programmes. We will keep the situation under review over the coming weeks and announce any changes to our approach in due course.
If you’re an individual based in Wales you may be eligible to apply for a Small Grant of up to £10,000.
If you’ve had a grant from us before you can apply for a Large Grant, between £10,001 and £50,000.
There are more details about the eligibility criteria and how to make an application in the Guidelines document below, so before you do anything we suggest you read these carefully. They may answer some of your questions and help you understand what type of projects we want to support.
To be eligible to apply as an individual (which includes sole traders and individuals trading as a business), you must:
- Be able to apply in the legal name of the individual making the application
- Have a bank account in your legal name (see bank account section of the Guidelines)
- Must be over 18 and live in Wales
- Must be pursuing an artistic career or be professionally employed in the arts in Wales. This does include freelance practitioners
- Must not be in full-time education at school, college or university
- Must be able to provide evidence of your track record of facilitating or creating artistic work for presentation to audiences.
- Not be in default of any financial agreement with the Arts Council of Wales
- Not have any overdue requirements on Arts Council of Wales grant funding awards