Part Time: 10 days over a twelve-week period
Contract Fee: £1,200 (£120 per day)
Term: 3 months fixed term (January 1st to March 31st 2021)
Youth Arts Network Cymru is a pan-Wales network, which brings together youth arts workers, emerging artists, students and the key arts companies in Wales working with young people. YANC began with an initiative in 2011 and became an independent and fully constituted network in 2015 with our first National Casgliad. Over 400 practitioners and companies have engaged with the Youth Arts Network and Arts Council of Wales has supported YANC throughout its history.
We advocate for youth arts through a representative steering group to develop a long-term strategy for Youth Arts in Wales. We host a bi-annual Casgliad inviting inspirational artists, sharing best practice together, running workshops and master classes. Practitioners run regional events across Wales selecting relevant and innovative practitioners to work alongside members and support their practice.
For three years YANC supported RawFfest, a National Youth Arts festival for and by young people. We engage in strategic partnerships, for example, Youth Cymru, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Swansea College of Arts, Voluntary Arts Wales and the Youth Justice Board. We have worked with Company Three, Circus Works, Cardboard Citizens, FIO, Young Identity, Mess up the Mess Theatre Company, Narberth Youth Theatre, Frânwen, Five Stories High, Sparc, Wales Millennium Centre, WNO, Jukebox Collective, Circus Eruption and Afon Dance amongst others, creating exciting new opportunities to enhance our work with young people. We have a quarterly newsletter that showcases the fantastic work of the sector, shares events and opportunities to network.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide administrative support to the steering group and members of YANC to enable the effective delivery of events, including promotion, through the YANC network and to the wider public.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the steering group you will:-
- Be the first point of contact for email enquiries, offering assistance and advice where possible, or otherwise redirecting to the appropriate person;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for YANC events;
- Manage the logistics of events, including registration of participants;
- Update YANC social media account as and when required;
- Keep financial records up to date in accordance with company procedure, including issuing invoices, processing payments and monitoring budget expenditure;
- Undertake any other duties that are deemed relevant
- You will be able to work independently, prioritising and reprioritising tasks to meet deadlines;
- You will be highly organised;
- You will have good administrative skills and be competent using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- You will be able to update social media accounts;
- You will be able to communicate with people at all levels and be professional and courteous;
- You will have a good understanding of the importance of keeping accurate financial records
- You will be an advocate for, and supporter of, Youth Arts in Wales
Please submit your CV and a covering letter that explains why you feel you are a strong candidate for the position along with details of two referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted prior to interview.
Applications should be submitted via email to YANCinfo@gmail.com and arrive no later than 5pm on Monday 30th November 2020.
Interviews will be held online on Monday 14th December 2020.
YANC is an inclusive organisation that welcomes applications from all under-represented groups. Applications for this role can be submitted in English or Welsh.