UNITe is an artist studio residency programme for creative development, experimentation, research, critical discussions, and more.
18 October – 21 December 2019
We are inviting expressions of interest from artists who wish to participate in UNITe 2019.
We particularly want to hear from artists who might have felt discouraged from taking part in similar opportunities in the past. We want our organisation to be open, constantly changing, and welcoming to all. For this year’s UNITe we particularly want to bring in new faces, meet new people and see new practices. This year we will favour applications from artists who have not previously worked with g39 on a creative project.
We welcome applications from artists at any career stage. We welcome applications from artists who have had no formal training or are restarting their practice, or those moving from a related creative field into contemporary visual arts.
We welcome applications from people irrespective of disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, age, race, ethnic origin, nationality, trade union membership and activity, political or religious beliefs.
UNITe studio holders can expect:
- A studio space for research, development of ideas, and production of new work
- Access to computers for design and editing
- Access to a research library
- A programme of professional development including talks, workshops and artist-led one to one sessions
- Access to a range of AV equipment
- Access to tools (previous experience may be required to use power tools) and technical support
- Opportunity to present and discuss ideas in a friendly critical environment
- A network of peers and UNITe alumni
- Regular contact with g39 staff
- A warm welcome and an introductory social meal
For full details about this opportunity including details of how to apply and FAQs, please download the document via the link provided.
Please contact g39 if you want to receive this form/ apply in a different format, or if you have any questions regarding accessibility at g39.