Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre is looking for three Trustees to join our enthusiastic and dedicated Board of Trustees in December 2019.
The Board is made up of nine Trustees appointed by the Grange, and five appointed by the Borough and Community Councils.
We meet quarterly as a Board plus one AGM, with staff and Trustees meeting throughout the year to focus on specific activities or topics.
Our vision is to present the best Applied Arts work being made in Wales, and to bring to Wales some of the most important and interesting work being produced nationally and internationally.
We aim to do this by delivering a programme of education, participation and engagement activities that are relevant to the lives of our communities.
We are particularly looking for Trustees who have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- artists and makers whose practice is aligned with the Grange’s Mission and Vision,
- retail / commercial operation
- capital development
We are determined to welcome new voices from diverse backgrounds onto our Board. We want to ensure our Trustees reflect and represent all our diverse communities, be that through their race, gender, sexuality, age, language, ethnic / national origins, religion or belief, disability, financial status, or in where they live.
We welcome applications from people who have:
- A commitment to LGAC and its work
- A willingness to devote time and expertise
- Good, independent judgement
- The ability to think creatively and share ideas
- A willingness to speak their mind
- Understood and accepted the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- The ability to respect confidences
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to adhering to the Nolan Committee’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Terms of Appointment
Three-year term of office, renewable once. This is a voluntary position and is not remunerated. Expenses can be claimed.
Further information and how to apply
Equality and diversity monitoring form
To apply, please submit your CV, a covering letter, and the equality and diversity monitoring form above to Elaine Cabuts, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Elaine Cabuts, Chair, Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre, St David’s Road, Cwmbran, Torfaen, NP44 1PD
Application deadline 10am Monday 4 November 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with representatives of the Board in early November, in order that the appointments can be considered at the AGM on Saturday 30 November 2019
If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please email Elaine Cabuts, Chair at email@example.com