NB: An enhanced DBS check is required for this role
Hours: 10 per week, although more hours will be available subject to business needs.
Pay: NMW although Breaking Barriers Community Arts aims to pay employees the Living Wage as per the Living Wage Foundation, on satisfactory completion of first year of employment.
Term: Initially a six month contract but this role is anticipated to become permanent.
Principal Job Purpose
Community Promotions Officer, Breaking Barriers Community Arts
This post combines design/marketing/communication with some administrative support in a busy community arts office for two organisations, Breaking Barriers Community Arts and Head4Arts. It is suitable for candidates aspiring to a career in the arts sector and who already have some proficiency with digital media and design.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a CV by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring it covers the essential skills and attributes given in the job description.
- Creating designs; creating web content/blogs; maintaining and editing content; use of social media, optimisation techniques and analysis tools to support business growth.
- Creation of 2D animation, especially for use with augmented reality.
- Working alongside the Project Officer and Community Promotions Officer in collecting and disseminating information using the operating systems in place at Head4Arts.
- Assisting the Creative Project Manager/Project Officer/freelance artists at events and workshops as required.
- Updating the Head4Arts and Breaking Barriers Community Arts websites and posting news/information items on appropriate social media channels as directed by the Project Officer, Community Promotions Officer and the Admin Officer.
- Filming/photography at events for creating web content, evaluation and marketing.
- Collating and entering participant data to support the two organisations’ evaluation and data collection processes.
- Creating/designing basic publicity material.
- Some administrative duties including:
- Answering the phone, taking messages.
- Preparing risk assessments based on generic formats.
- Preparing contracts based on generic formats.
- Other duties as required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & CIRCUMSTANCES
Willingness to learn
Reliable with good time keeping
Able to work on more than one thing at a time
Ability to drive and access to vehicle
An adaptable and flexible approach
An interest in the arts and cultural sector
A good eye for design
No formal qualifications are required but a good standard of English, especially the written word, and Maths
Evidenced competence in the use of digital media and software relating to website management & design
Ability to speak/write in Welsh
An interest in the arts
Volunteering or working in a context where they are dealing with the general public
Working/volunteering in an arts environment
Relevant digital media experience
Participation in arts activities
Understanding of social media tools (Websites, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Vimeo)
An understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles
An understanding of marketing tools
An understanding of augmented reality
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Facility with social media
Able to work to deadlines
A pleasant manner in dealing with the general public
Motivated and able to work in a team environment or on their own initiative within the working framework of the organisation
Creative skills, especially in design