Creative Cardiff has been in operation for four years. In this time, we have grown and developed into a creative city network with 3033 members, hosting 50 events for more than 2500 creatives and built a strong brand and online presence. In July 2019 Creative Cardiff welcomed a new team member, Project Manager Vicki Sutton, to begin planning for the next three-year phase of development with a newly defined programme of events, projects and opportunities for the network and a long-term strategy for the network.
What we’re looking for:
To support this next stage of development, we want to form a Creative Cardiff advisory group. We want to work with energised and committed members of the creative community who are keen to work with us as part of Creative Cardiff.
The group will inform our work and plans, challenge us, fire our ambitions and aspirations, and help spread the word about Cardiff’s creative economy, at home and further afield.
Who we’re looking for:
Up to 10 people who are practicing in, and around, the Cardiff city region and represent a range of skills and expertise. We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity to create an inclusive environment, and we particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBT+ candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the creative industries.
- Passion for the creative sector
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Creative Cardiff’s work to date
- Care for the city
- A desire to make a difference.
- Fluency in Welsh, written and oral
- Understanding/experience of under-represented communities.
We want this group to be a true reflection of our dynamic, innovative creative community and, as such, we welcome applications from those who may not have previous experience in this kind of role.
- Commitment for one year with a review at the end of 2020.
- Attend three Gatherings per year (up to half a day) at our fully accessible City Hall offices in Cardiff. We will vary the times to best accommodate the group’s commitments.
- Engage with the work of Creative Cardiff on a regular basis by attending events and interacting with our online content including social media.
- A prominent presence on the Creative Cardiff website and promotion as a member of the group.
- Connection with, and time to get to know, nine fellow group members.
- You will play a part in realising our vision for Cardiff to be recognised as the capital of creativity in the UK and in the development of a creative city network.
- We can pay your travel expenses (subject to Cardiff University policy) and for any additional support requirements (e.g. interpreters).
To apply, please email:
- A recent CV
- An expression of why you would like to be part of the group, the strengths and expertise you would bring and your perceptions of Creative Cardiff to date. Please include any engagements with the network that you have already had and demonstrate how you meet the criteria. This can be in the form of a:
- written statement - no more than 500 words (as a Word document or PDF)
- a video/audio file - no more than two minutes (as a mp3, mp4 or .mov)
- an infographic - one page (as a PDF)
To AHSSemail@example.com with the subject title ‘Advisory group application’ by noon on Tuesday, 19 November. Applications will be assessed against the essential and desirable criteria listed above. You should evidence how you meet the criteria in your application. A balanced group will be chosen by the Creative Cardiff team with the intention to convene our first Gathering in early December 2019.
Should you have any questions or if you wish to speak to member of the team about your application, please give us a ring on 02920876188.
Please contact us if you would like support in completing this application.