This funding helps creative professionals enhance and invest in their creative practice or skill.
It could mean attending an industry recognised training course, a masterclass, or taking up coaching, mentoring or creative apprenticeship opportunities.
We also want you to be able to make a sustainable living from your practice and build a career in Wales. To make this happen, we want to support projects that strengthen the business side of your practice. That could mean helping you diversify into new markets or finding other ways to generate income.
The kinds of things we can fund
The kinds of professional development we can fund is covered int detail in the Professional Development Strand Document.
The kinds of things we can't fund
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses in further or higher education institutions
- Individual tuition, lessons or vocational training
Take a look through the introductory document for this strand. You can also read our getting started guide for a broad overview of how we award our grants.
To apply for Professional Development funding you'll need to check if you're eligible first.
Once you’re happy that you’re eligible, fill out the contact form and a staff member will be in touch.
To apply for funding you need to:
- be over 18;
- live in Wales (with a permanent address);
- not be in full-time education (neither school, college nor university);
- have an artistic CV that shows evidence of you either facilitating or creating artistic work to present to arts audiences (by that we mean people who attend galleries, theatres and other arts events);
- understand the principles of equal opportunities and apply them in your work (that means an absence of discrimination, based on race, colour, age, gender, national origin, religion or mental or physical disability);
- be able to provide evidence from your bank that you have an account in your own name (read this for more information).
- not be in default on any financial agreement with us (Arts Council of Wales).