We want to develop a sustainable and vibrant music sector in Wales by investing in projects and new ways of working that can support your career at crucial points in your development.
We want to support applications from artists who create original music and are at a 'tipping point' in their career. We use the term 'tipping point' to mean being ready to break through to the next level in your career development.
We also want to support projects that will strengthen the foundations of the music sector in Wales, for example developing and offering new services to the sector. These projects must clearly show how they will have a lasting and sustainable impact on the music sector in Wales.
The kinds of things we can fund
The kinds of applications we can fund are covered in detail in the Music Industry Development Strand Document (you can find that below in the help section).
The kinds of things we can't fund
- Applications from artists who are just starting out (by this we mean artists who do not have recordings, a live-track record, any radio play, reviews or industry support)
- Applications from artists who do not create original music
- Projects that do not demonstrate how they will make a substantial difference to your career after the project has been completed
- Projects that focus solely on the writing and / or recording of music
- Projects that focus on national or international touring
- Projects that continue activity that is already taking place, or projects that are about your usual activity
Take a look through the introductory document for this strand. You can also read our getting started guide for a broad overview of how we award our grants.